Here we are going to go over what happens at the end of the 12 week season. We are making a few changes that will make the overall season a great success for everyone!
The top 3 players in each division will be guaranteed a spot in the Championship Playoff Rounds (CPR). The remaining players in each division will battle against each other in a mini playoff for the coveted Wildcard Spot (WCS).
Mini Wildcard Spot Playoffs
As illustrated below, the bottom 4 players in each division will play each other in a “Best record vs Worst record” type format. The winners of that round will play each other, and the winner of that will play whoever finished the season in 4th place. The winner of that match will be given the wildcard spot.
In the Championship Playoffs, there will be 2 brackets of 4 seeded players. The 1st seed will play the 4th seed and the 3rd seed will play the wildcard. After 3 rounds of play, we will have our division winners. The division winners will then face off in the Championship Finals to become the CT League Season 1 Champion! The Championship match will be a race to 7.
- Championship match will be a race to 7 games.
- Any player with more than 2 forfeits will NOT be eligible for the Mini WCS Playoffs.
- Mini WCS Playoffs will take place 1 week after the regular season is finished
- Championship Playoffs will take place 1 week after the Mini WCS Playoff.
- Both losers of the semi finals will play each other in a Third Place Playoff match
- Any and all of these rules are subject to change and you will be notified accordingly if need be.